June 23, 2003 (modified)
As you may have heard, today Topps announced it is acquiring WizKids.
Attached you’ll find the press release announcing the change. We’re sure
this announcement gives rise to many questions. Here are a few answers.
• We have no plans to change the Venue or Envoy programs, other than those
changes that have been previously announced and are currently in process.
• We expect no changes in management or structure with the Topps deal. I’
m still the boss. Everyone here still has a job. We’re not relocating
the office. Really, we are planning no changes that will affect
• We really believe that Topps will allow us to continue to build the
WizKids brands, and that’s what we want, more people playing our games.
• Nothing we are working on should stop because of this deal. We’re
starting our summer push right now, and this should not be a distraction.
No men in sunglasses are showing up tomorrow to clean out the filing
• Bottom Line – great games as usual
Nothing in the deal announced today changes that. This isn’t the end of
WizKids, nor will there be a change in the high regard we have for our
Envoys. Today’s deal is one stop on the long journey to making WizKids
the #1 game company in the world. We will continue to count on you to
carry the WizKids flag, and we’ll work hard to make sure you enjoy doing
Thank you for all your support and for having as much fun playing our
games as we have creating them.
May you never roll snake eyes –
Founder and CEO